The Friends of the Scots Brigade stimulate research on the Scots Brigade and its wider significance in the early modern period. As a result, a biennial thesis awards will be rewarded to the best (research) master thesis of the two preceding years. The award is a prize of €1000,- together with the publication of your paper on our website – if you desire.
- The Scots Brigade has a significant role in your thesis.
- A list with potential topics can be found here
- The thesis is submitted before 1 September 2023.
- Send a digital copy to: email@example.com
- The thesis can be written in both Dutch or English
- Prof. dr. Ben Schoenmaker. Professor by special appointment of Military History at the Leiden institute for History and Director of the Dutch Institute of Military History
- dr. Roelof van Gelder. Historian.
- dr. Erik Swart. Historian and post doctoral researcher Justus Liebig – University in Giessen (Germany)